Offset 21,318kg c02
Raised £26,000 for Impact Arts & The Urban Justice Centres Domestic Violence Project
Paid to nurure & protect 10 young trees
The art industry has caused enormous destruction to the environment
Dr.Death combats this in the Era of Redemption
Every Eco-print & Eco-T-Shirt is printed upon order. Printing on demand eliminated overproduction, preventing waste textiles.
- Water Based Inks
- Solvent Free Inks
- 100% GOTS certified organic ring-spun cotton
- non-GMO (not genetically modified cotton seeds)
- no chemical insecticides, pesticides or fertilisers used to grow the cotton, which means the water used to grow the cotton is not considered lost water as it can be both reused or returned to the soil/other water sources
- uses soil balance, trap crops & beneficial insects to manage pests
- builds soil organic matter through crop rotation, intercropping & composting
- natural defoliation
- Cotton lint only represents 32-35% of the entire cotton ball. The rest is used as oil and cattle fodder
- GRS Certified (Global Recycled Standard)
- PETA approved Vegan
- OKEO-TEX Accredited. Confidence in textiles Standard 100 certified for non-harmful substances
- OCS Certified (Organic Content Standard), verifies the presence and amount of organic material in a final product
- FWF Member (Fair Wear Foundation), Agreement to be open and transparent about their business practices, actively working to improve labour conditions
- Living Wage Employer
- Waste water from dying is put through ETP’s (Effluent Treatment Plants) to remove all toxic elements to ensure it’s safe enough to be discharged back into inland surface water.
- 100% of electricity used is renewable
- 100% carbon neutral gas usage (10% is green gas, the rest is offset by supporting carbon reduction projects around the world)
When compared to chemically grown cotton, organic cotton has shown a potential savings of:
- 46% Global Warming reduction
- 70% Acidification of Land & Water
- 26% Eutrophication (soil erosion)
- 62% Primary Energy Demand
Dr.Death NFT's are primarily stored on Zilliqa blockchain. Dr.Death has chosen to work with Zilliqa blockchain due to it's vision of sustainability and eco-friendliness. A single Zilliqa transaction equates to the same amount of CO2 emissions as 87 human breaths. This puts it at around 1,000X less carbon emissions than Ethereum blockchain, which has become the focus for scrutiny due to its unsustainable emissions. Zilliqa is the future for sustainable finance in the world, even more so as the world quickly transitions into a digital landscape. NFT's that are stored on other blockchains are carbon offset upon their purchase.
- Hemp Paper 290 gsm
- FSC & PEFC certified forests
- Vegan certified
- Acid free
- Minimal waste polices
- All empty ink cartridges are recycled
- The factory that produces the Hemp paper runs on wind, water and solar energy
- Non-chemically treated water is used in the manufacturing of the Hemp paper. Once used the water is cleaned and returned to back to nature through a strictly controlled process
- The company we source the hemp paper from donate 5% of profits to charities (including supporting orphaned elephants in Kenya, reforestation project in Colombia and improving the protection of mountain gorillas in the Congo)
- Printed in the UK
- All official Dr.Death Eco-Prints are hand signed, stamped and include a certification of authenticity
FINE ART, FASHION & JEWELLERY
Dr.Death luxury sustainable fashion collections, jewellery and fine art are created from upcycled, recycled and repurposed materials. Creating a vessel for positive environmental impact, by enabling creation whilst simultaneously saving materials and products from going into landfill. It is through this mentality that the use of unconventional materials are explored, for example Dr.Death's notorious Pleated Poleyn Trousers & Pauldron Jacket which was created from "unsellable" Duck Tape, they were later exhibited at The House of Lords Westminster, featured in Harpers Bazaar and Gay Times Magazine.
This is the artwork of the Era of Redemption.
- Dr.Death has offset 21,318kg of Carbon Dioxide
- Dr.Death exhibited at Don't Walk charity catwalk to help raise £26,000 for Impact Arts & The Urban Justice Centres Domestic Violence Project
Off cuts that are too small for use are sent to a local textile recycling centre to make it into new fabrics. The rest is donated to charity so that others can put them to use.
Dr.Death only utilises recycled and recyclable bags and boxes as well as re-using packaging and bubble wrap that have been sent in. Dr.Death uses recycled paper tape to seal our packages.
Created 10 wildlife habitats across grasslands, hedgerows & ponds
Supported 11 Forest Volunteers, providing appropriate equipment and training
Paid for 2 pet x-rays that needed medical attention